Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Friday, November 09, 2007
Monday, November 05, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
I've been tagged by a friend of mine, a wonderful artist, Illustrated Life, to reveal seven things about myself. Here goes:
1. I'm an avid reader and I always have a book by my bedside. I'm reading a book now called the Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher that I read years ago and it's as if I hadn't, because I can't remember a word of it.
2. Stray animals seem to seek me out, especially cats. My husband, John jokes that there is a sign somewhere on our property that says "Kind lady lives here and will feed hungry cats." There are two strays cats that I am currently feeding.
3. I hate shopping for clothes so much! I do go into second hand clothing stores because I find the clothing more interesting and you never know what treasure you will find. I recently purchased a brandnew, long, black 100 percent wool coat for five dollars.
4. I have a lizard, a leopard gecko named Pluto, who can live up to thirty five years. He eats only live crickets and meal worms.
5. I once saw this really cool Charles Dickens creation in a store window. She was a Christmas caroller and she cost $200.00. I had John discreetly take a picture of it for me and I made one like it for myself. It cost me $20.00 and she's the coolest thing!
6. I make all the soap for my family.
7. I love driving with my husband when there is a big snow storm. I know, it's weird but true.
I now have to tag seven people, but I don't know anyone who hasn't already been tagged at least once or more. What will I do..... :)
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
While resting on the couch yesterday recovering from an injury, I made these earrings. While making them I realised that I need some other tools to enable me to do a better job. Some needlenose pliers without teeth so the wire doesn't get marred would help, and a pair of flush cutters to make a nice straight cut, not an angled cut, when making jump rings. As well, I need to work on my wraps to ensure that they are even on both earrings. I used steel wire to create these.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Tomorrow I will post a graphite drawing I did of him when he was older.