Saturday, October 20, 2007


Above is a watercolour painting I did of a scene downtown.

I've been tagged by a friend of mine, a wonderful artist, Illustrated Life, to reveal seven things about myself. Here goes:

1. I'm an avid reader and I always have a book by my bedside. I'm reading a book now called the Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher that I read years ago and it's as if I hadn't, because I can't remember a word of it.

2. Stray animals seem to seek me out, especially cats. My husband, John jokes that there is a sign somewhere on our property that says "Kind lady lives here and will feed hungry cats." There are two strays cats that I am currently feeding.

3. I hate shopping for clothes so much! I do go into second hand clothing stores because I find the clothing more interesting and you never know what treasure you will find. I recently purchased a brandnew, long, black 100 percent wool coat for five dollars.

4. I have a lizard, a leopard gecko named Pluto, who can live up to thirty five years. He eats only live crickets and meal worms.

5. I once saw this really cool Charles Dickens creation in a store window. She was a Christmas caroller and she cost $200.00. I had John discreetly take a picture of it for me and I made one like it for myself. It cost me $20.00 and she's the coolest thing!

6. I make all the soap for my family.

7. I love driving with my husband when there is a big snow storm. I know, it's weird but true.

I now have to tag seven people, but I don't know anyone who hasn't already been tagged at least once or more. What will I do..... :)

1 comment:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Good heavens Gina! I think we're related :) I have the Shell Seekers, have always taken in strays - just like my current one. I scour second hand clothing stores because I love finding things. Too scary...