Saturday, May 10, 2008

I can't believe so much time has passed since I last wrote. I've been very busy lately with work and life and getting into the studio sometimes, even for a few moments, is difficult. But today I'm devoting to just that. A whole, wonderful, glorious day in my studio. The image below is of an assemblage that I had so much fun making. I made the wooden box from scrap wood that I found and I painted and distressed it to make it look old and weathered. I added vintage newspaper from 1939 that a friend of mine found when she tore her floor up during renovations. Transparent images, rusty nails, rusty bottle caps, wire, a tiny bottle with messages inside, stamping with my favorite stamp, fabric, beach rocks and sticks are all used to create this piece of artwork.

2 comments:

lee said...

Its wonderful. Happy mother day. Glad to see you got into the studio

Valaine said...

Awesome work!