Monday, October 01, 2012

Green Pearls!



I've been making lots of jewelry this past week. I've been away from my studio for a couple of months working on things around the house and I have missed being creative so much! Now I am ready to settle myself in and get busy.

On a recent trip to Toronto to see Peter Gabriel, I bought lots of art and jewelry supplies to keep me occupied for a while. I was like a kid in a candy shop -- so happy to be surrounded by things that I love. Sadly, we don't have a lot of my favorite art supply stores here in Newfoundland.

I shouldn't say that I wasn't creative over the summer because I did learn how to hook a rug. I've always wanted to learn and a good friend of mine showed me how. I'm still working on it and I will post some photos of it later in the week. I have to say that I really enjoy hooking! :)

The beautiful earrings in the images above are made using 10mm green/yellow pearls wrapped with oxidized copper wire. It's fun taking something shiny and making it look old.

Happy Monday to all you lovely people!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Can't wait to see all the new jewelry! Peter Gabriel rocks! The new green pearl earrings are really pretty! Isn't hooking fun? I haven't done it in awhile, but I love doing it! Happy October 1st ;o)